Please read the following rules and regulations governing the awarding of this scholarship.
1) One (1) $1,000.00 scholarship will be granted.
2) Applicant must be a prospective 2023 Westlake High School graduate and participating in a high school music program.
3) Applicant must plan to attend an accredited college or university and continue their music experience at the college level either as a music major or minor in fields such as music performance, music education, composition, musical theater, or music history.
4) PLEASE NOTE: A Westlake Music Director recommendation is required. The applicant must request the music director of their choice (only one) to submit a recommendation by Monday, March 27th, 2023. This allows the teachers time to complete their form in advance of the April 8th deadline. Requests
received after that date will not be completed by your director, and as
such cannot be considered by the Music Boosters' Scholarship Committee.
The directors have received a separate link to submit their
5) Applicants will be judged by an impartial committee consisting of at least three members. All decisions of this committee will be final.
Completed Applications and Director Recommendations are due no later than April 8, 2023.
Any questions can be directed to the Westlake Music Booster Student Scholarship and Grant Chairs, Jenn Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Tabeling (email@example.com).