1. Must be a full time McKendree Student with either Federal or Institutional work study.
2. Must be in good standing with McKendree both academically and judicially.
3. Must be able to work weekend or evening shifts. Some holiday/semester break work may be required.
4. Shall have a minimum of 5 hours of Federal Work Study allotted per week.
5. Must be able to physically lift at least 30 pounds.
6 Completed general work study application with the Office of Financial Aid (application can be found at https://wa.mckendree.edu)
7. Completed Financial Aid Checklist and required signatures.
8. Completed online application for Campus Activities Work Study
1. Attend all mandatory meetings and training sessions as specified
2. Work study staff may have regularly scheduled hours in the Lair as well as with concessions during the soccer, basketball, lacrosse, and baseball seasons (additional seasons possible).
3. Available for large scale campus events (ie. Fall Family Weekend, Homecoming, Spring Fling, etc) and internal events (tournaments, viewing parties, etc.)
4. Responsible for receptionist duties; Maintain desk operation
5. Greet and direct visitors; Provide information and answer inquiries regarding programs and campus resources
6. General facility cleaning and maintenance
7. Be familiar with standard floor arrangements of our programming areas (Lair, Lair Pit), layout of storage areas, and proper use of audio/visual and gaming console equipment
8. Assist with events sponsored by the Office of Campus Activities as needed
9. Maintain a courteous and helpful attitude with crew members, and the general public
10. Assist with the movement and arrangement of furniture as specified.
11. Assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Director of Campus Activities or Lair Staff Managers
12. Data Entry for Check-In and Check-Out Equipment; some cash handling duties required for Concession/Snack Bar, Equipment Rentals and general sales.
13. Other duties as specified.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
1. Minimum wage
2. (2) Free staff shirts provided. One for desk, one for concessions to be worn during shifts (additional shirts available for purchase)
3. Exposure to a fun and active environment on campus!
**Please make sure you give ALL availability to work.