Request edit access
2020 CAL/Aviation Cohort Team Lead Application
Being a Team Leader with the LEAD Program is a great opportunity to advance your leadership skills and help others to become leaders in their communities. Through your involvement, students will more meaningfully connect their academic experience to their overall leadership development.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Weekly, attend Team Leader Meeting in CAL office
• Monthly, meet one on one with each team member (in your team)
• Monthly, meet one on one with CAL Staff member
• Monthly, review team member’s theory hours, leadership experience, and reflections
• Monthly, attend mentor meetings with your team (if supervising year 1 LEAD student participants)
• Connect your Team Mentor with your team (if supervising year 1 LEAD student participants)
• Organize student and Mentor schedules to find a good meeting time and place (if supervising year 1 LEAD student participants)
• Serve as a peer mentor
• Facilitate team member’s progress
• Report monthly to Program Coordinator regarding student progress
• Demonstrate the value of both academic and leadership development
• Serve as liaison between CAL Department & LEAD Student Participants
• Connects students to resources. Helps navigate through solving problems resolving concerns
• Has a positive attitude about leadership development, the LEAD program, and student development. Strives to improve self, LEAD program, and the students.
• Ability to dedicate several hours every week to this program
• Must attend required meetings, events, and trainings scheduled by the CAL Office
• Successfully finished at least two semesters of the LEAD program by the end of March 2019
• Min. GPA: 3.0 cumulative
• Must be a current UVU student, must not graduate before Fall 2020 semester
• Strong work ethic and dedication
• Desire to serve others
• Problem Solving: Critical thinking, analytical, creative
• Motivation: Ability and desire to lead a team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner between the Team, Mentor and the CAL Office
Benefits of serving as a Team leader:
• Up to $1,000 tuition scholarship ($500 each semester)
• Supervision of 3-8 students through leadership development
• UVU leadership experience
• Explore and develop transferable leadership skills
• Opportunity to become a Certified Peer Educator
• Make a difference in the lives of others
• Networking opportunities & experience
• Mentorship opportunities & experience
Application Deadline: Applications will stay open until all positions are filled.
Suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview. If you have any questions, please contact us at
First and Last Name:
Anticipated Date of Graduation:
Which Semester are you applying to be a Team Leader for?
What is your sweatshirt size?
You will be considered for both positions, but please indicate your preference as a team leader for first or second year students.
I'd prefer to be a team leader for 1st year students
I'd prefer to be a team leader for 2nd year students
Why do you want to serve as a team leader?
What knowledge, skills, and abilities do you have that uniquely qualify you to lead and mentor students in the LEAD program?
How do you see yourself performing in this position?
Why should we invest in you as a team leader?
What other commitments do you have outside of this position?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Utah Valley University.