STATION is launching an Open Call for musicians with recorded music ready for release. This part-time, month-long training will be delivered online by leading UK-based trainers, Music Ally to provide actionable insights and tools to succeed in the modern music business. If you are planning the release of a single, EP or album, this training is for you.
> Why this Training?
Success in music requires mastering music as an art form and building loyal fans to your live shows and recorded music. With the rise of streaming services and the multitude of online marketing channels, it has also become necessary for independent artists to have an entrepreneurial drive and actionable knowledge of the digital music ecosystem. Streaming has been a game changer for the music industry, erasing borders for music distribution and discovery. Over 60,000 tracks are uploaded to Spotify and other DSPs daily. Elevating your digital, social and streaming game is now essential. This Digital Music Marketing training delivers just that.
> Digital Music Marketing
To help you navigate this evolving landscape, Station teamed up with Music Ally, a leading knowledge and skills company for the global music business, to create the Digital Music Marketing (DMM) training. The first activity in our Shuruq music program, this online training was designed to provide the need-to-know essentials from an artist’s perspective. It’s a unique opportunity for musicians based in Lebanon and its diaspora to receive world-class training by international music industry specialists. The DMM training is free of charge.
Over four weeks, 30 program participants will cover core topics from the foundations of the global music business to preparing a marketing plan and impactful media assets for release on the key streaming and social platforms. The DMM training will be delivered in English online through weekly live webinars with Music Ally’s trainers, guest experts and artists. Participants will have access to an online hub with further learning modules to deep dive into every week’s topics. The core modules for all 30 participants will run from Nov 2-23.
In addition, up to three music projects/bands will be chosen to receive 1:1 mentorship from Nov 30-Dec 14.
A jury comprised of music and training professionals will select the participants based on criteria including recorded music ready for release, online presence, professional experience, variety of genres and commitment to improving their online marketing & distribution.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Have unreleased recorded music
- Working knowledge of English
- Independent musicians based in Lebanon and Lebanese diaspora
- Available Tuesdays for the Live Webinars from 1-2:30pm Beirut time from Nov 2-23
- Have Internet connection
- Call for application opens October 11, 2021
- Application deadline: October 24, 5pm Beirut time
- 30 participants will be notified by October 28
- Core Training from November 2–23
- Mentorship 1:1 Nov 30–Dec 14
- Live Webinars on Zoom every Tuesday from Nov 2-23, 2021
- Weekly schedule 1:00- 2:30pm Beirut time/11am UK time (ok to snack during webinar :)
- Webinars will be recorded and can be streamed later to address electricity issues/unplanned absence
- Recordings will be accessible with secure logins and only by program participants during duration of training
For more information about Shuruq, Music Ally and FAQs please go to: stationbeirut.com