Request edit access
The Omnivore's Dilemma & The United States of Trash
Spend 30 MINUTES ROUND ROBIN READING page 34-37 in purple text, or pages 46-49 in white text, AND ANSWERING QUESTION #1 COLLABORATIVELY! ONLY AFTER that 30 minutes can you start the multiple choice questions and today's film about trash!
1. Do Now: Read "Rich Fields, Poor Farmers" in The Omnivore's Dilemma (page 34-37 in purple text, 46-49 in white text)If American farmers are the most productive they have ever been as growers, why are they poor? CITE and EXPLAIN.
2. Why is Gordon using a yellow plastic bag for his own trash?
A) Gordon's favorite color is yellow.
B) He is color-coding the types of trash he discards (throws away); This bag is vegetables
C) He wants an easy way to find out where his trash ends up in the system.
D) Each month, his landlord changes the color of the garbage bags.
3. How is Pennsylvania able to take in so much trash?
A) The residents of Pennsylvania don't object to the smell of the trash
B) The trash is buried under many layers of the earth, and is capped and sealed.
C) The soil in Pennsylvania is partly volcanic rock, that absorbs chemicals and waste more quickly.
D) Nobody cares about Pennsylvania, so it doesn't really matter.
4. What is the purpose of tracking e-waste?
A) Gordon wants to help find his lost cell phone.
B) Gordon is planning to collect these parts to open his own recycling company.
C) Gordon wants to create an awareness about e-waste and its effect on the environment
D) Gordon does not want for China to obtain the secrets hidden in our electronics.
5. Which material is 100% recyclable?
6. How much plastic goes to a landfill?
7. What are the long term effects of our plastic trash?
A) Plastic will eventually be broken down.
B) All plastic is recyclable, so it doesn't matter.
C) Our food supply, water, and soil will all be contaminated
D) None of the above
8. How can you help eliminate plastic waste?
A) Tell the cashier you don't want a plastic bag...that you have your own reusable bag
B) Don't buy bottled water
C) Use a canteen for the water you drink each day to make it portable
D) All of the above
9.True or False: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot is a wonderful and realistic way to protect the environment.
10. Would you consider bringing mason jars and your own bags to the store to lead a zero waste life?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Irvington Public Schools.
Terms of Service