We've created this form to provide clear and efficient communication between EWP and our Ushers.
As an additional option this round, we are also including some special events at the end of the form. Please take a look at those dates and let us know if you are interested in helping.
We invite you to review the EWP USHERING BASICS below to make sure this is the right volunteer opportunity for you. Of course people want to see a great show for free, but Ushers are critical support to the House Manager in getting patrons safely seated for a prompt start of the show. A THREE YEAR SWIM CLUB runs an hour and 30 minutes with NO intermission.
For more info on the show visit: http://www.eastwestplayers.org/special_events/summerseries.htm
gives the synoposis from our Mainland Premiere production earlier this year.
EWP USHERING BASICS:
Before the show:
* Stuffing programs with inserts and audience surveys
* Greeting patrons
* Taking tickets
* Handing out programs
* Leading/Directing them to their seats as necessary
* Assisting the House Manager in starting the show no later than 5-10 minutes after the posted start of the show.
During the show:
* Watching for unauthorized photography and telling the House Manager if you do see it
* As an usher, you may also be asked to help us staff concessions before the show or just after.
After the show:
* Helping to pick up programs/trash that are left in the seats
Ushers need to arrive at the show 1 hour before scheduled time. For 2pm curtain that's 1pm; for 8pm curtain that's 7pm.
1. Lot 7 $7.00 (adjacent to the theater)
2. Street parking
3. Aiso Parking Structure (directly across the street from the theater) Wed-Sat $3 after 5pm, Sun $1/hour for first two hours and $3 for the third hour (after 3 hours , they charge $1.50 every 15 minutes up to $14 max)
Please remember that you are welcoming EWP Patrons. Dress code is nice or business casual. We ask that you avoid jeans, bare midriffs, or tennis shoes (though, comfortable shoes are highly recommended).
QUESTIONS or CONCERNS:
Call Alison De La Cruz at East West Players at 213-625-7000 x 30.
Thanks for joining us! You help us to continue to provide outstanding artistic works and arts education programs!
We will do our best in meeting your preferences. Please know that there may be instances when multiple people have indicated the same preference. We will call and/or email you to confirm your Usher assignment.