Request edit access
Sunrise Montana Statewide Training Summit
Young people across Montana are rising up to organize for a Green New Deal across Montana. Join the fight for a just and livable future!
Register for the Sunrise Montana Statewide Training Summit on January 11-12!
Register by Jan 8th!
*Want more info about the Green New Deal? You can start with these videos:
And these Articles:
>>> TRAINING BACKGROUND <<<
At the end of 2018 the Sunrise Movement helped change national politics in the U.S. Together we pushed the urgency of the climate crisis into the mainstream and relentlessly pushed our politicians like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to embrace the bold solutions we need. Now in 2019-2020, the Green New Deal is the national litmus test for a politician's moral clarity and political courage. But there is still so much work to be done.
In Montana, wildfire season is now 2.5 months longer than it was in the 1980s, and by 2055 the MT Farmers Union predicts a 20% decrease in rangeland cattle production, a 25% decrease in grain production, and the loss of 12,000 Agriculture jobs from drought. It's time to bring the Green New Deal to Montana. To do this we must build people power, political power, and work side by side with other movements for a Green New Deal.
On January 11th + 12th, 2020, we are launching a statewide program to build community power and bring the Green New Deal to Montana. Our program is launching with a statewide training and summit in Bozeman, MT. We will bring dozens of young people together from across class, cultural, racial, and geographic backgrounds who are committed to fighting for a just, livable future. In Bozeman we will share Sunrise theory of change, strategy and organizing skills. We will build community and establish channels of statewide communication, begin planning how we will win, and plugging into the work that will get us there.
>>> WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS TRAINING <<<
1. Get a deep understanding of the social movement structure, strategy and culture that will enable us to win
2. Gain skills to lead successful campaigns for the Green New Deal and mass mobilizations like climate strikes
3. Lots of time to bond and build relationships with other young people ready to fight for change across MT
4. Doing the work and coordination to begin the statewide organizing to win in 2020 and beyond
>>> LOGISTICS <<<
- DO I HAVE TO COME TO BOTH DAYS? You are highly encouraged to attend both days of the training if you're able, as the training curriculum builds on itself and you will have more opportunities to learn, grow and bond with other attendees. However, if you aren't able to commit to both days, you are still invited to attend (as long as you commit to coming to as much of the training as you are able).
- LOCATION: Bozeman, MT (exact training space will be announced to confirmed participants)
- DATES: January 11-12th, 2019
- TIMES: Saturday 9am-8pm; Sunday 9am-6pm
- TRANSPORTATION: Distance should not be a barrier to coming to this training - we will work to connect you to a carpool with other participants coming from around the state. We are also putting together a fund to help support your travel/road trip expenses!
- HOUSING: If you are coming from out of town we will find you housing with volunteer host families! You are also welcome to reach out to friends/family of your own and commute from there.
- FOOD: breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday + snacks, coffee, and tea throughout the weekend!
- COST: This revolution is grassroots powered and funded! As such, we ask all participants to pay a suggested registration fee of $0-50 to help us cover the costs of this training (including meals, space, materials, etc.). That said, cost will not be a barrier to anyone -- Please pay what you can. You can pay the registration fee/donation in person or here:
Just make a note that your donation is for the training!
>>> CONTACT INFO <<<
For any questions, reach out to the Logistics Lead Nick Hostetler at
or by phone at (406) 223-9575.
Date of Birth
Pronouns are words that can substitute for your name. We want to know what to call you, so check one or more options for the pronouns you want people to use to refer to you. You can also self describe below.
Prefer not to say
How would you describe your race and/or ethnicity? Check one or more options to describe yourself.
Black/ African American
Native American/ First Nations/ Alaska Native
Pacific Islander / Native Hawaiian
Asian / Asian American
Prefer not to say
What is your socio-economic/class background?
Where in Montana do you live?
Tell us a bit about yourself
Studying? Working? Recent grad? No need for essays, just curious to see our mix of participants!
Please explain any Sunrise or grassroots organizing experience you have (N/A is fine too!)
Why are you committed to fighting for a Green New Deal in Montana?
Do you need any support traveling to Bozeman for the training or getting around locally while in Bozeman? Please explain your needs. (NA if none)
We want to make sure that travel is not a barrier for anyone trying to attend the summit! If you request travel support we will work to get you here!
Do you need help finding housing in Bozeman for the weekend of training? *
If you do need housing, please let us know if there are others applying who you want to be housed with, and if you have any housing needs.
Do you have any dietary constraints?
Food provided will be primarily vegetarian and vegan
Do you have any accessibility needs that we can prepare for in order to make this training as accessible as possible for you?
How did you find out about this training?
Let us know if you have any questions, or if there's anything else you want us to know.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sunrise.