Topics covered will include:
- Incorporating native plants into the landscape
- Examples of organic turf management
- Alternative plant selections to turf in problem areas
- Explore the root ball/ collar
- Proper planting techniques
- How to select healthy quality plants in a nursery selection
- List of native plants utilized on visited sites
- Organic /natural - minimum risk, 25b exempt, insect and disease control methods
FEE: $35.00/p. Check, cash, or purchase orders accepted. Credit cards not accepted. Checks may be made out to "Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey". Please write organic in the memo line. Send checks and purchase orders to Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County, 42 Riva Ave., North Brunswick, NJ 08902.
PLEASE NOTE: payment is due by May 26, 2014. Payment must be received to be registered for the program.
MEETING LOCATION: Mountain Lakes Nature Preserve/ Community Park North, Off Mountain Ave adjacent Bayard Lane /
RT 206, Princeton, NJ 08540. Call for directions- (732) 398-5275.
-Transportation will be provided to field sites.
-Lunch will be provided
For more information call (732) 398-5275.