We have included all submission description items (3 photos) on this form so that you do not have to complete this form more than once. By submitting your entries, you are granting AUM Study Abroad staff the permission to use the photos in future promotion materials. If you have any questions, email us at StudyAbroad@aum.edu for more information. Submissions that do not meet requirements will not be accepted.
AUM Study Abroad respects the right to privacy of people at home and abroad, particularly minors. Do not submit photos of underage individuals whose parents did not give you verbal or written consent to take photos of their children.
The categories of the 2016 competition are:
• Service to the World
• Way of Life
Refer to the complete submission guidelines below for category descriptions and further instructions.
2016 AUM Study Abroad Photo Contest Rules and Submission Guidelines
• Service to the World: This category is your chance to show your international service projects to the AUM community. From construction to education, these photos should exemplify the AUM spirit of service and clearly show the project you participated in. The best entries in this category will feature fellow AUM students sharing their talents in a way which is easily understood without a written explanation. Let your photo tell the story.
• Places: Breathtaking landscapes, beautiful architecture, and sites of inspiration make up this category. Submit your best photos, focusing on any foreign place that made an impact on you during your time abroad. The best entries will be those which avoid clichéd landmarks and instead show a new side of the world. We want to see your own unique discoveries off the beaten path.
• People: Whether at work or play, people around the world are a fascinating part of studying abroad in a foreign setting. We want you to play the role of anthropologist with this category and submit your best shots of people being, well, people. We are interested in both photos of natives and those of AUM students experiencing the local lifestyle.
• Way of Life: This "catch-all" category covers animals, plants, objects, sports, modes of transportation, food, and anything else not covered in the other categories. These photos can be of almost anything; however, they must convey a sense of the local flavor and lifestyle. We encourage you to submit photos of the simple, everyday things that made the locations you encountered while abroad distinct and wonderful.
Photo Submission Guidelines
• Limit of three photos per student
• No more than one entry per category
• The submission period will open March 31, 2015 and run until 30th of August 2015
• Send entries to StudyAbroad@aum.edu
• Submit files in JPEG format
• Title each photo the same as what you indicated on the submission form
• Include specific program name and location, as well as name of specific AUM faculty director or program provider.
• Include a short description of each photo.
• Hard copies will not be accepted. If you are unable to email photos, you may bring them to our office at 109 Administration Building on a CD or a jump drive.
• Please be respectful of living subjects in these shots and use good judgment when selecting the content of your entries. Any photos of illegal activity or substances or questionable content will be automatically disqualified.
Submissions will be accepted the 31st of March - 2015 and run until the 30th of August - 2015.
We will post all the entries that meet the category requirements on our Study Abroad Facebook page, and the public will be able to vote for their favorites. The Study Abroad Advisory Committee will choose the best 12 pictures for the 2016 calendar from among those selected by the public vote.
Winning entries will be displayed during the 2015 Study Abroad fair and as well as used for Office of Global Initiatives calendar, marketing and recruiting events throughout the year. By submitting your entries, you are granting AUM Study Abroad staff the permission to use the photos in future promotion materials. All photo submissions will be displayed on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/aumstudyabroad.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at StudyAbroad@aum.edu