Students living in the attendance area of the school they wish to attend do not need to complete an application unless they have been attending a different school as the result of a previous choice application and now want to return to the home middle school.
1. Complete all of the information on the application. All applications must be returned to the school of choice by 4:00 p.m. February 28, 2018, in order to be considered for openings. Late applications will be placed on the school’s waiting list.
2. You will be notified of the status of your school of choice application. A lottery drawing will be held if the number of applications exceeds available openings.
3. Applications received after the February 28 deadline will be time and date stamped for consideration.
4. Once a student has been accepted, he/she may attend the school of choice for the duration of his/her middle school years without reapplying. A student may expect to continue attendance at that school unless the neighborhood enrollment increases beyond capacity or the student does not meet expectations for attendance and tardiness.
5. If a transfer from the school of choice is requested during the school year, this request must be put in writing and submitted to the principal. The request must include a reason for the transfer.
6. If you are not selected for the school of your choice, you will be placed on a waiting list for possible enrollment at a future date. The waiting list will expire at the end of the first grading period.
7. Transportation is provided for those Special Education students whose Individualized Education Plan (IEP) requires it. Placement is determined by a Transitional IEP.
Grade: Please indicate the grade level the student will be in during the year this transfer is being requested.
Home Middle School: The middle school designated as your neighborhood middle school of residence. (If uncertain, please check at your school office.)
School of Choice: The middle school you wish your child to attend.