It takes about a 1/2 hour to fill out and must be filled out in one sitting.
Applicants for Learn 2 Teach, Teach 2 Learn new youth teachers must:
1) be a Boston resident
2) turn 14 before 1 April 2018, not older than 19 years old by 17 August 2018
3) be in junior or senior high school, homeschooled or enrolled in a GED program
4) able to commit to entire April - August L2TT2L program
5) if 15-18 and qualified for DYEE, sign up for SuccessLink
6) have a social security number
5) be excited about the creative and expressive possibilities of making with engineering and technology
SUCCESSLINK. All youth teachers who qualify for the SuccessLink MUST register, in order to be eligible. NO EXCEPTIONS!
SuccessLink Application: http://youth.boston.gov/
(However, If you are 14 by April 1 but too young to qualify for the DYEE you can still apply for L2TT2L! If you are too old for DYEE, but are still in high school or pursuing your GED, you can still apply! Just follow the instructions in the application below.)
DEADLINE. All applications are due by Monday March 19, 2018
(Youth teachers start work in second week of April, then work through the summer! You must be able to do the WHOLE program!)
REST OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Once you submit your completed application, we will send you a confirmation and invitation by email and/or text for an information session that explains THE REST of the application process, which includes Maker Workshops to see if the program is a good match for you and interviews in late March!
THIS APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT BY THE YOUTH APPLICANT.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT READING THIS, PLEASE TELL YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER THAT THEY MUST FILL IT OUT THEMSELVES. WE BELIEVE THAT IF YOUTH ARE NOT ABLE TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION, THEY ARE NOT READY TO WORK!
Susan is available to help with filling out applications. If you need help, feel free to text her at 617.817.2877.