A small group of selected students will attend a preparatory lecture by members of the faculty on the opera Aida, culminating in an escorted trip to see a performance of that opera at the world famous Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center. Dinner in a fine Italian restaurant in the area will follow for a post-performance conversation.
This program is sponsored by the Iona College Council on the Arts, the Office of Student Development, and the Department of Modern Languages.
FREE! All expenses round-trip transportation, the Opera ticket, and post- performance meal are included!
• Apply before Monday, February 2, 2015 !
• Attend a Pre-Performance lecture on the Opera experience and what to expect at the opera
• Meet on campus and travel to the Metropolitan Opera House on Saturday April 17, 2015 for a 8 p.m. performance of with members of the Iona faculty
• Attend a post-performance discussion with fellow students and members of the Iona faculty to reflect on your experience over refreshments!
• Complete a brief assessment of your experience