Request edit access
2021-22 Walter Roberts Lecture featuring Amb. (rtd.) Ted Osius
Amb. Osius will speak about U.S.- Vietnam relations; how a relationship fraught with tensions following a painful war that cost nearly 60,000 American and over two million Vietnamese lives, was able to reach reconciliation after a 20-year journey of daring diplomacy. Amb. Osius was U.S. ambassador to Vietnam during the Obama administration. His recent book, Nothing Is Impossible, offers a vivid account of the diplomatic work that made this reconciliation possible. He speaks to the leaders who put aside past traumas to work on creating a brighter future for the two countries. Amb. Osius also draws upon his own experiences of working first-hand with various Vietnamese leaders, and also traveling the country on bicycle to spotlight the ordinary Vietnamese people who helped bring about their nation’s extraordinary renaissance.
>More about Amb. Osius:
Dean Alyssa Ayres, dean of the Elliott School of International Affairs, will deliver opening remarks.
Dr. Janet Steele, director of the Institute for Public Diplomacy and Global Communication will moderate the Q&A session with Amb. Osius.
A reception will follow the event.
Venue: City View Room, Elliott School of International Affairs (Level 7), 1957 E St NW, Washington DC 20052
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Time: 6pm - 7:30pm (ET)
Please do email
if you have any questions.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
COVID Protocols for GW Visitors - PLEASE READ
Due to a change in campus policy, all in-person guests (those without a GWorld card) are required to follow the protocol below:
1. Register with the university at
2. Complete a COVID-19 symptom screening form.
3. Attest that you are vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, attest that you have received a negative COVID19 test within 72 hours of your visit to campus. Visitors are not eligible for COVID19 testing at GW’s test centers.
4. Following completion of the form, you will receive a confirmation to the email address provided.
5. Please bring a copy of the confirmation to the event venue. Without the confirmation, you will not be permitted access to the event venue.
Yes, and I have fulfilled the COVID protocols required of GW visitors
Yes, and I am associated with GW (Have a GWorld card)
If you prefer to attend as a Virtual guest, please use this registration form:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The George Washington University.