First Year/College Success Course (ACA) - Adjunct Instructor
Full-time CCCC Staff
• A full-time staff member may teach a daytime ACA course as part of his or her 40-hour work load if approved by the respective supervisor.
• Distance and evening instructors will be staffed as needed, and full-time staff are paid at the normal rate according to the adjunct salary pay scale.
• The Division of Student Learning will only offer payment to full-time faculty for teaching ACA courses if it is considered to be an overload per respective departmental load standards.
• Full-time faculty interested in payment for teaching an ACA course will need to speak with their Department Chair to discuss the possibility of adding the ACA course to their normal course load or receiving "overload" payment.
• Payment for adjunct faculty will be paid at the normal rates according to the adjunct salary pay scale.
ACA courses are offered on Lee, Harnett, and Chatham campuses and online for distance students.
Duties of an ACA Instructor:
Provide direct instruction, academic support, and encouragement to students in one or more of the following courses:
• 3 credit, 3 contact hours
• Students on Academic Probation in any college program
• Instruction related to: goal setting, study skills, learning styles, campus resources, oral presentations and the completion of a student success plan.
• 1 credit, 2 contact hours
• AAS and non-transfer degree programs
• Instruction related to: learning styles, study skills, campus resources, academic planning, career planning
• 1 credit, 2 contact hour
• University Transfer programs
• Instruction related to: learning styles, study skills, campus resources, academic planning, transfer success
Bachelor's degree and relevant experience (ACA 090, ACA 115)
Master's degree and relevant experience (ACA 122)