Request edit access
Realities: Art Grant Application
Fill me out to apply for an art honorarium for Realities 2: The Hyperborea 2018 Art Fundraiser Party hosted by House of VR and the Hyperborea Experiential Arts Team on Saturday February 24th 2018
KEYWORDS/INSPIRATIONS: Realities, fantasy, utopias, dystopias, portals, dreams, travel, nightmares, other-worldly, future, past, make-believe, planetary, cosmic, etc.
House of VR and the Hyperborea Experiential Arts Team have teamed up to present REALITIES, the second official Art Grant fundraiser party for Hyperborea 2018!
This application is for artists who want to join in the excitement and bring an installation to the party on February 24th 2018. Proposals are encouraged from creators working across all disciplines and artistic practices, including but not limited to: installation, painting, drawing, visual arts, sound and light design, sculpture, videography, projections, etc!
****APPLICATION DUE: FRIDAY FEB 2ND AT NOON****
Each artist will receive an honorarium of up to $200 and a ticket to the event.
We will be selecting 5 artists to exhibit during our REALITIES fundraiser party.
You have two options:
1) Transform an 8’ x 10’ booth into a temporary ‘reality'. (see images attached)
2) Submit your own installation design.
EXPECTATIONS & GUIDELINES
1. Artists will get access to their assigned spot at House of VR by 6PM on FEBRUARY 24th, and are expected to be completely installed by 9PM. ** All artwork must be removed by 10 AM FEBRUARY 25TH.**
2. Your grant will be a maximum of $200, specific to your budget. Should you wish to exceed this amount for your project, we encourage you to think about alternate fund sources such as crowd funding, fundraisers, organ harvesting, your wealthy grandparents, etc.
3. Realities is a Leave No Trace event, please ensure your clean up plan will remove all materials from the event venue.
4. Realities is hosted in an indoor space. As such we will not be able to permit fire arts.
5. You will be expected to be on site for the duration of the event. It will be your responsibility to ensure your project remains safe and functioning.
6. If you don't know all the answers, don't stress. Should you have questions or feel unsure about any of the above, reach out! We're happy to guide you through the process and get you the information you need.
Your application will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
1. Artistic Excellence - How original, interesting, relevant, daring, magical, thought provoking is your idea?
2. Completeness of design - How well thought out is your project? How complete is your application?
3. Feasibility & Constructability - What is the feasibility of your project? Will you be able to build it within the timeline?
4. Appropriateness of Budget - How well does your materials list match the budget given? Are the prices given reasonable?
5. Moop/LNT Plan - Your project should minimize producing waste, and also have a plan for cleaning any possible matter out of place that could be produced during the installation or strike of your project.
Your application will be reviewed in detail by each individual on our Art Grants Committee and scored on a series of questions based on the guiding criteria above. While experience and skills are considered, they aren't mandatory, and the merit of your application is what will determine the art selected. The more detail you can provide us the better.
Your art grant is intended to be a materials subsidy, the same as any other burner Art Grant. It is not to be used for labour or time.
Should you be selected, you will receive 100% of your grant upon award.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION MATERIALS
Please send your supporting documents to
and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Things to remember:
BE RADICALLY SELF RELIANT
BE RADICALLY EXPRESSIVE
BE RADICALLY INCLUSIVE
HAVE A DAMN GOOD TIME
House of VR booth. Note that while the floor mats can be removed, the green screen walls must remain. You can cover them as you wish but please leave undamaged!
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service