We would love for you to be a part of the 31st Victorian Days, September 7 & 8, 2019 in Belvidere, NJ. The organizing non-profit, Belvidere Heritage, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to educating the public about the history of the Victorian Era in general and the history of Belvidere in specific. To accomplish that, we hold events throughout the year to highlight this period of history, the most prominent of which is Victorian Days, held each year on the weekend after Labor Day. It incorporates the tree-filled Garrett D. Wall park, historic homes, downtown, and many picturesque locations around Belvidere, NJ.
“I loved that there was a large encampment area and the newsboys!”—Bonnie Eamigh, Maiden Hope “I absolutely loved being a part of this festival and look forward to attending next year.”—Elizabeth Sager, a.k.a. Zella Bella’s Gaggle of Giggles
Artisan/Craft/Antique Vendors $145 Educational Vendor Contact us Non-profit Vendors $90 Shared Vendor Spaces $200
*Artisan/Craft/Antique Vendors—Your space is 12’x12’, with ample elbow room between vendors. We begin filling in the spaces around the outside of the park and then the spaces on the inside walkways. Make sure to note if you have a specific space request--we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
*Educational Vendor--If you are an educational vendor, please contact us. We want to welcome you and make sure your knowledge and expertise is supported and enhanced at Victorian Days.
*Non-profit Vendors—see the space information above.
*Shared Vendor Spaces—If your own vending merchandise is limited, or if you have a friend that you love to show with, these spaces are for you. This amounts to double vendors for less than double price. Two vendors per space only. Limited availability.
Belvidere Heritage, Inc., P.O. Box 134, Belvidere, NJ 07823
This is an agreement between Belvidere Heritage, Inc., and the vendor.
You, as the vendor, agree to the following:
1. For non-profits, please attach proof of non-profit status with contract.
2. Send 3 photos of your craft & display with your application or provide a web or Facebook site for us to review.
3. Vendors will be included in all our social media and advertising related to Victorian Days. Please make sure to include your links and social media names. Please return the favor and include our links on your social media!
4. After a positive review of your craft and display, your check will be deposited--your payment is NONREFUNDABLE; if for some reason we decide not to include you as a vendor, we will return your check and application. Please make checks or money orders payable to Belvidere Heritage, Inc. and mail them to PO Box 134, Belvidere, NJ, 07823. There will be a $50.00 return-check fee for insufficient funds.
5. Plastic bags are not Victorian. We respectfully ask all vendors to adhere to our Green Policy: please do not bring plastic (polyethylene) bags for your wares. Paper, cloth or biodegradable, reusable bags are acceptable. Attendees may also purchase attractive Victorian Days reusable bags at the ticket tent.
6. Vendors agree to be in attendance for both Saturday and Sunday. There will be no breaking down of spaces prior to the end of the event on Sunday.
7. The event takes place rain or shine--please be prepared for both. Vendor spaces must look professional and be presented in the spirit of Victorian Days. No blue tarps or blankets.
8. All vendors must be dressed in a manner that supports the spirit of Victorian fashion. While we encourage authentic and period dress, here are some simple ideas:
▪ Wear a vest over a high-collared shirt. ▪ Put knee socks over jeans or pants to look like knickers. ▪ Attach feathers to a broad-brimmed hat and put on a pair of long, elbow length gloves. ▪ Shirt sleeves can be pushed up with elastic at the elbows. ▪ Tie a long scarf over a blouse, sweater, jacket, etc. Drape a shawl over a blouse. ▪ Wear colorful suspenders over a plain, plaid or paisley shirt. ▪ Wear a bow tie or string tie. ▪ Try a top hat, a bowler, or a fake handlebar mustache! ▪ Add some ruffles! Wear a ruffled apron over an ankle length skirt, or a ruffled cap. ▪ Floral sun dresses work, too!
9. Set up time is 7:00-8:00am on Saturday and 9:00-10:00am on Sunday. Vendors may set up after 5:00pm Friday.
10. No vehicles may be driven onto Garrett D. Wall Park at any time. Please unload and remove your vehicle from around the square by 8:00am Saturday and 10:00am Sunday. (Car Show cars begin arriving as soon as 7:30am.) This will be strictly enforced; your car will be towed.
11. Belvidere Heritage, Inc., assumes no responsibility for theft, damage to merchandise, equipment, personal property or personal injury of any type.
12. The final deadline for vendor applications is August 30, 2019. Vendor spots are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
13. Your signed & dated agreement is proof of your commitment to adhere to these requirements.
Please sign and mail this page back with your payment and the necessary photos or web/social media links. Don’t forget to make a copy for yourself, too! We look forward to working together for the 31st celebration of Victorian Days!
If you have questions, please email us at BelvidereHeritage@gmail.com, message us through our Facebook page, or call 908-763-2732.
All checks/money orders should be made payable to Belvidere Heritage, Inc., and mailed to Belvidere Heritage, PO Box 134, Belvidere, NJ 07823.