Request edit access
Battle of the Bands 2019 Application
Battle of the Bands 2019 Rules & Regulations
1. First Place Battle of the Bands winner will receive a contract to open for Bulldog Bash 2019.
2. You DO NOT have to be affiliated with Mississippi State University to participate in Battle of the Bands.
3. All applicants must submit a video performing one song (cover or original). The video submission can be uploaded to any digital platform with a link emailed to
4. The application and video submission must be turned in by 11 PM on August 28th. Video submissions, which are required to accompany any application, must be emailed to
by this deadline as well.
5. The first round of the selection process will consist of these videos being put onto the Music Maker Productions Facebook page and will begin on August 29th. Fans will vote for their favorite artists on the Facebook page. Only likes on the ORIGINAL post count, NOT on shared posts.
6. The second round of the selection process will be the Battle of the Bands where the TOP 5 acts will play for fans and judges. The judges will select their favorite and that winner will open for Bulldog Bash 2019.
7. Battle of the Bands will begin at 6 pm on September 6 at the Bettersworth Auditorium in Lee Hall at Mississippi State University. Bands/Artists that have been voted into this final round will be given 15 minutes to set up, and 20 minutes to play. At 18 minutes of stage presence, the band will be given a 2 minute warning. If the 20 minute stage presence rule is exceeded, serious penalization will occur. Music Maker Productions and the Student Association will provide the stage, sound, and lights. The judging panel will consist of special guests.
8. Music Maker Productions and the Student Association have the right to disqualify a band for any reason that is deemed necessary.
9. Both original and cover songs may be performed.
10. A detailed load in/out schedule will be made available to the TOP 5 bands after September 4. Remember that the opening song of the performance needs to be one which a sound/level check can be done with.
11. The criteria a band will be judged on is as follows: Talent (50 points) Audience response (50 points) Professionalism (25 points) Sound (25 points) Originality (25 points) Group dynamic (25 points) For a grand total of 200 points.
ZERO TOLERANCE--any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other controlled substance at any time during this period will be disqualified. In addition, the person or persons in question will be asked to leave the premises for the remainder of the competition.
August 28: Application/Video are due by 11 PM
August 29: Voting will be open to the public
September 4: Voting is closed to public at 5 pm and TOP 5 announced
September 6: TOP 5 bands perform at the Battle of the Bands in Bettersworth Auditorium in Lee Hall.
For any extra information, please contact Music Maker Productions at
or Bulldog Bash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Names of Band Members and Instruments Played
Artist/Band Phone Number
Artist/Band Genre of Music
Artist/Band Social Media
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service