AʻO Movie Night * Waterman-Duke: An Ambassador of Aloha * Sunday, June 26 * 5pm
KKOA is happy to announce that our Summer Movie Nights will be starting on the last Sunday of each month from May to August 2022.
Please join us this month as we partner with Liliʻuokalani Trust, Kamehameha Schools, and Crossroads Christian Fellowship.
Our movie this month is Waterman-Duke: An Ambassador of Aloha. Please be sure to register everyone in your family who will be attending so we will have an accurate count for dinner.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER if youʻd like a FREE DINNER is Friday, June 24.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When: Sunday, June 26, 2022
Time: Gate opens @ 5pm
Where: Corner of Kukuihale and Pilipoli Rd.
- Enter at the 2nd gate on Pilipoli Rd. The gate is close to the only Java plum tree on the property.
- You will be given a dinner ticket for each person in your car to pick up your dinner at one of the resource tables
- You will be given dinner tickets to pick up your dinner at 5:45pm at Crossroads Christian Fellowship Face Painting tent.
- 5pm-5:45p Please enjoy the music and let the children enjoy a craft provided Liliʻuokalani Trust and face painting provided by Crossroads Christian Fellowship
- 5:45pm Dinner will be distributed at the face painting tent
- Prizes: Prizes will be drawn every 1/ hr before the movie begins
- Enjoy Hawaiian music by Aunty Ipo Kahaunaele and your dinner before the movie
- 6:45pm - Popcorn will be distributed before the movie begins
- 7:15pm or when it gets dark - Movie begins
- Special Note: We will not be using the format of listening on your radio as we have done in the past
We ask that you please be considerate of others, especially our kūpuna. We understand that there is an increase in COVID cases on Kauaʻi so please use every precaution necessary to not spread any illness in our community.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Beach chairs
- Flashlight - helpful when walking and using the bathroom. There will be some light in the bathroom.
- Flask with non-alcoholic drink... this is a drug and alcohol free event. We will have water to refill your flasks.
- Trash bag for your rubbish - we ask that you please take your trash with you after the movie has ended :)
We look forward to seeing everyone and hope your ʻohana will have a fun time as well as the opportunity to have some great information and resources regarding foster care. If you have any questions, please contact Rae Nam at (808)224-4245.
Rae Nam, Executive Director
Kūkulu Kumuhana O Anahola