Registration for the March 20th Syracuse Biathlon Club Sprint Race is now closed. Due to Covid pre-cautions, there will be NO day-of-race entries.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you think this is a mistake.
SEE WHO'S REGISTERED/CONFIRM YOUR ENTRY - https://bit.ly/3rqciTQ
- This may take up to five minutes to add in a new entry so double check after a bit if you don't see your name.
Saturday - March 20, 2021
New Venue!! - Osceola Ski & Sport Resort: http://www.skiosceola.com/
Note: If you have any issues with this form please contact Pete at email@example.com
to make sure your registration was successful.
Due to the potential spreading of Covid-19, we are taking as many precautions as possible in order to protect everyone involved with this event. While this may make things more difficult, it allows us to hold our events this year. We have put together guidelines based on NYSSRA's & NYSDOH policy along with the organizing committees concerns. We may adapt these depending on the situation as we get closer to race day. Please follow these guidelines as closely as possible.
Please review closely!!
1. Registration is limited to 25 participants (50% max capacity).
2. No Novice competitors & all athletes must provide their own rifle & ammo.
3. No out-of-state competitors.
4. You must provide your own scope or have someone zero you (no sharing scopes).
5. Masks covering nose & mouth must be worn at all times except during the race.
6. Six feet social distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
7. Registration will be in advance and online only. NO day of race entry. Payment with check or exact cash is appreciated.
8. Registration and awards will be held outside as long as conditions allow. The lodge is open for you to use and you are welcome to go in to stay warm, use the facilities, check out the gear and grab a bite to eat.
9. Competitors must complete the NYSSRA pre-race Covid form the morning of the race. You can download the form at http://nyssranordic.org/nyssra-pre-race-covid-questionnaire/
10. If you are a NYSSRA member, please request your season bib from NYSSRA and provide your number in the entry below. We will hopefully have a few extras at the race or will issue paper numbers. Start order is going to be a bit strange with range of numbers that will be in use.
Onto the race itself
1. Sprint format of 6-7.5km. We will be using 1 minute time penalties instead of the penalty loop to reduce close contact between competitors.
2. We will have three zeroing periods of 15 minutes each. Each competitor will be assigned a dedicated lane and target. We will disinfect mats in-between each session.
3. To minimize contact on the course & in the range, we will be sending you out at one minute intervals. We will likely put a time break in about half-way through to keep congestion down.
4. We will attempt to disinfect mats after each prone shooting with alcohol based solution (not bleach) & towel dry as much as possible depending on the weather.
5. We will not be providing any water/food so please bring anything will need during the race. There's plenty of good options available in the lodge after the race.
6. Boy/Girl class competitors who do not carry a rifle must arrange for a parent or other person to move the rifle on the racks during the race.
Please bear with us and the hassles these steps will present. This is our first season using this range for a race and officials/volunteers have to follow these same precautions.
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS. IF THIS LIMIT IS REACHED YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AND ADDED TO THE STANDBY LIST.
Registration Opens: 8:00
Race Start: 10:00
All classs: 6-7.5 km sprint - 3 loops, one minute time penalties
*NOTE* - Distances and formats may be modified based on snow/trail conditions the day of the race
Race fee: (1) pre-registration: $20 age over 18, $15 for 18 or younger - pay when you check-in day of race. If you are not a member of USBA, there is a $10 'member for a day' fee that covers insurance. All payments are due during the registration period the day of the race. Please see event agenda for distances and times.