Request edit access
Endorse the Day of Action for Ubai Aboudi - June 1, 2020
Organizational endorsements from all groups are welcome! Please enter your information below.
Palestinian-American researcher Ubai Aboudi, executive director of the Bisan Center for Research and Development, was abducted from his home by Israeli occupation forces on 13 November, 2019 and put in detention without charge.
Ubai, who had been working with Scientists for Palestine to organize the Third International Meeting on Science in Palestine, which took place on 10-12 January, 2020 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, was later transferred from “administrative detention” to an Israeli military court.
Today he faces trial on manufactured, baseless charges, which Israel routinely imposes on Palestinians under military occupation.
And despite Ubai’s U.S. citizenship, as well as the U.S. government’s Israel $3.8 billion in annual military aid to Israel, the U.S. has largely left Ubai and Hind Shraydeh, his wife and the mother of their three children, to suffer alone.
On Monday, 1 June, take action to demand freedom for Ubai and 4,700 other Palestinian political prisoners.
1. Ask your organization to endorse this call to action. Please use the form here - visit the link at
2. Demand the U.S. government intercede for Ubai and his freedom. Demand the U.S. government intercede for Ubai and his freedom. Call the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-4000, then, if you are a U.S. citizen or resident, find your Congressional representative at
. Tell each of them:
* Israel is currently subjecting a U.S. citizen, Ubai Aboudi, to trial on manufactured political charges before a military court.
* Ubai was previously one of 400 Palestinians held under “administrative detention,” internment without charge or trial.
* Israel routinely subjects Palestinians in military detention to mistreatment, including torture.
* Israeli military courts convict Palestinian defendants at a rate of 99.76%.
* The U.S. government must immediately intercede to demand Ubai’s immediate and unconditional release.
* It must also impose meaningful sanctions for Israel’s crimes against 4,700 political prisoners and other Palestinians, including an immediate end to its $3.8 billion in annual military aid.
3. Join a social media storm at 10:00 am Pacific time, 1:00 pm Eastern time, 5:00 pm Greenwich mean time, and 8:00 pm Palestine time. Share content about Ubai with the hashtag #Freedom4Ubai.
4. Post pictures and videos of yourself and your organization demonstrating in solidarity with Ubai. Watch for signs to hold, or design and share your own! Use the hashtag #Freedom4Ubai to help others find them.
5. Demonstrate publicly where local conditions and restrictions allow. If possible, organize a car caravan, protest or rally in a public area, then post photographs and footage of it online with the hashtag.
WE ENDORSE THE CALL AND WILL TAKE ACTION:
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
What is your location? (City, Country)
Website Link or Facebook Page/Other Social Media Profile
Click here to confirm that you are able to endorse the call out on behalf of your organization
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service