Request edit access
Fr Sean McDonagh
Key Terminology Test for key thinkers.
1. What is an 'Eco-Theologian'?
Someone who focuses entirely on the study of the environment
Someone who focuses entirely on the study of God and Divinity
Someone who views the study of the environment from a religious perspective
Someone who views the environment from a purely political perspective
2. What term does Fr McDonagh use to describe the destruction of the environment?
3. Fr McDonagh contributed to the writing of Pope Francis's Encyclical - "Laudato Si". By what name is this document also known?
On the Care of Our Common Home
God and the Environment
Just do what we say, we're priests...
God, the Environment, and the Future of our Planet
4. According to 'Laudato Si', destroying the environment is...
Ok, if you get the Bishop's permission
Ok, provided that you look after the local people
Necessary to help grow a nation's GDP
5. In which country did Fr McDonagh do most of his missionary work, requiring him to live amongst the T'boli Mountain people in the Mindanao region?
6. Laudato Si argues that placing a focus on human's relationship with the environment "should not be seen as an optional or a secondary aspect of our Christian Experience.” What phrase does Fr McDonagh and Pope Francis use to explain this?
A Roman Catholic Conversion
7. What is unusual about the 'target audience' of Laudato Si?
It's addressed to all the most powerful people in the Church
The Pope wants all the Bishops and Priests to read it
Only Roman Catholics can read it
It's addressed to all people of the world, regardless of their religious beliefs (or no belief)
8. Fr McDonagh argues that the pursuit of purely capitalist goals is destructive to humans and their environment. From the list below, which THREE aspects of our culture of 'Consumption' does he criticize? (tick all applicable answers)
Neoliberal economic growth
The Sustainable Development Goals
Losing fiddly screws in IKEA furniture
9. What word is used to describe " the current geological age, viewed as the period during which human activity has been the dominant influence on climate and the environment"?
10. Complete Fr McDonagh's famous phrase: "You can bail out the Banks, but you can't bail out the ______________"
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The King's Hospital.
Terms of Service