Request edit access
Surveying Land Trusts on Conservation Burial
This survey was prepared to better understand land trusts' interest in conservation burial. Please answer the questions by checking as many boxes as apply to you or your organization. The survey should take no longer than 5 minutes. Additional space at the end is for any specific questions or feedback you wish to share.
The survey will be closed on 10/30. Thank you.
1. Based on what you know, conservation burial is: (Check all that apply)
A distraction for our organization
Not possible in our community
What is conservation burial?
A good opportunity to protect more land
Not real or significant land conservation
2. Has your organization ever considered a conservation burial project?
Never heard of it
Yes, we are thinking about it
Yes, we are currently involved with an operating conservation burial ground
Yes, we are currently working on a conservation burial project
Yes, but we are unlikely to participate
3. Has your organization been approached from an outside organization or individual(s) about conservation burial?
Yes, and we turned them down
Yes, and we are motivated to participate
4. Does your organization have a member, board member or staff member who is championing conservation burial?
5. Does your organization have an influential donor/funder willing to seed a conservation burial project?
This has already occurred at our organization and we turned it down
6. Has your organization identified land that it would consider for a conservation burial ground?
Yes, we own a property that would be a good fit
No, we are not interested in conservation burial
Yes, we are looking for additional property where a conservation burial project could be developed
7. Has a conservation burial ground or natural burial ground been established in your service area (or within 50 miles of your service area)?
One is being considered
8. Does conservation burial fit with your organization’s mission?
Potentially, it would depend on specifics of the project
Our organization is split on this topic
9. Would your organization consider a conservation burial project? (If no, skip to next question. If yes, check all that apply.)
Consider partnership opportunity
Consider mission fit
Consider revenue potential
Consider opportunity cost of not working on another project
10. In order to consider a conservation burial project, our organization would need the project to:
Meet specific conservation objectives
Meet our community benefit objectives
We are not interested in conservation burial
Answer a community need
Be led by a partner
Generate revenue for our organization
Receive seed funding
11. If our organization were to be involved with a conservation burial project, we would:
We are not interested
Consider holding a conservation easement
Consider owning the land and managing the burial ground
Consider partnering with other land trusts/organizations to support a conservation burial project
Consider owning the land and partnering with another organization to manage the burial ground
12. Our organization would like to learn more about:
Conservation burial best practices
Project impact on our organization
All of the above
Conservation burial operations
Decision making factors for determining mission alignment
Conservation burial models
Conservation easement language / template
Conservation burial finances
13. Share any feedback or questions here:
14. Share your name and email address if you'd like more information on conservation burial.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service