We invite self-nominations or nominations of colleagues no later than September 9, 2013. Please submit a description of the innovation and why it meets our criteria. Past year nominees are invited to reapply with updated information. This year’s recipient will be notified by September 30, 2013.
Purpose: To recognize and celebrate an individual's outstanding achievement in clean tech product or service innovations within the Sacramento ten county region. The ten counties are Sacramento, Yolo, Solano, Sutter, Yuba, Butte, Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, and San Joaquin.
Criteria: To be considered, the individual must have created an innovative, important and high impact product or service which transforms the clean tech industry making the product or service more effective, less costly and more widely used. The innovation must be used commercially.
Parameters to be assessed:
• Creativity and novelty involved in the innovation
• Breadth of problems for which innovation applies
• Size of customer population or markets affected
• Evidence of the commercial status of the innovation
• Size of economic and environment benefits compared to conventional approaches