1. A clear definition of “hazing” that is punishable under military regulations;
2. Stronger accountability up and down the chain of command;
3. Stiffer punishment for failure to report harassment and abuse, leading but not limited to: rejection of future promotions,
dishonorable discharge, and/or significant jail time;
4. Protection for the victim and whistleblowers of harassment and abuse;
5. Mandatory diversity training and inclusion practices to promote more diversity within leadership positions; and
6. An effective and comprehensive record-keeping system on reports of harassment and abuse.
By signing this petition, we seek to bring an end to abuse, harassment, and hazing in the United States military.