1. Do not install a median fence. The neighborhood is overwhelmingly opposed to a fence. The focus should be traffic calming, not people calming & the fence will make people less safe. People will continue to cross near the Franklin Street footbridge and a fence will prevent them from safely waiting in the median to cross the other two lanes of traffic.
2. To calm traffic and reduce conflicts between cyclists and pedestrians, narrow the unnecessary 3 foot shoulder to 1 foot and use that space to widen the cycletrack and sidewalk.
3. We love the new crosswalk! A temporary crosswalk should be installed as soon as construction starts. Please don’t make us wait until the end of a two-year construction project.
- Submit the form below to join dozens of neighbors and advocacy groups signing the community letter at http://gdurl.com/YeG9
- Join the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/AllstonFootbridge/ & follow https://twitter.com/FixCambridgeStr