As part of the WAYZATA DAY CAMP, there is an optional overnight scheduled for Wednesday night, July 24, 2013. This overnight is for girls who are entering grade 4 and up in the fall.
IS YOUR DAUGHTER READY FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPING?
Outdoor experience, not age, determines whether a Girl Scout is ready for camping. Although your daughter may already have some outdoor skills, there is more to a successful overnight camping experience.
READINESS QUESTIONS FOR YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER TO DISCUSS:
Is she OK staying overnight away from Mom & Dad AND sleeping outside in a tent?
Does she have a sense of humor, fun and adventure?
Does she have a willingness to try new things and meet new people?
Does she adapt well to new surroundings and new sounds?
Does she understand the concept of sharing the workload? (She will be expected to pitch in.)
Does she have an appreciation and respect for the outdoors?
Does she understand the importance of following the rules of equipment care?
Does she realize the importance of safety and hygiene?
Does she know that Girl Scouts leave a place better than they found it?
We want your daughter, as well as the other girls, to have a happy experience and learn to be comfortable outdoors. To achieve this takes the cooperation and thoughtfulness of ALL girls.
• NO food, candy, gum or beverage of any kind will be allowed in tents/other-designated areas.
• NO electronics. No exceptions.
• NO tobacco, drugs or alcohol are allowed anywhere on the campgrounds.
• NO girl will be allowed to leave the campgrounds while Day Camp/Overnight Camping is in session. (Emergency exceptions will be made with permission of the Camp Director.)
• The buddy system will be used at all times by the girls while at camp.
• May select 1 tent buddy. Others may be assigned as needed. (See adult sleeping information below.)
• At the Camp Director's discretion, a parent/guardian will be called to come and pick up his/her daughter if these camp rules are violated.
Again, discuss the READINESS QUESTIONS and CAMP RULES with your daughter before giving her permission to participate in overnight camping. If your daughter will be camping on Wednesday night, BOTH OF YOU MUST SIGN THE ENCLOSED FORM STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, DISCUSSED AND UNDERSTAND THE QUESTIONS AND RULES.
Questions? Please contact Michele Moy at email@example.com or 763-546-4083.