* To attend, please RSVP in the form at the bottom of this page.* To hear about future events, please see https://www.erewhonbooks.com/events/ or follow us on one of the social media platforms linked from the bottom of that page.
* Timeline: We will open the space at 7. For the 2/14 event, we will enjoy cookies and snacks for the first hour and start the readings at 8. After that, we'll stick around until at least 11 for hangouts, games, &c.
* The office is in the Flatiron district in Manhattan. The space is big and we should be able to host a whole lot of people, but we reserve the right to cap the event if there is concern about crowding.
* To RSVP, fill out the form below. We will contact everyone who fills out the form the week of the event with location and access information. If you decide to come at the last minute, we can probably still let you in, but please do RSVP to make planning easier.
* Food and drink: We will provide hot and iced coffee and tea and a few snacks. For this event, we're inviting everyone to bring and share cookies or some other tasty treat to share--please see http://bit.ly/ELS_19-02-14_CS for more details. We will probably also order some dinner (everyone pays for what they order) after the readings if you want to get in on that.
* Amenities and access: The office should be accessible--there is a street-level entrance with no stairs and two elevators up to the office--but this has not been field-tested. The office has lots of space, two bathrooms, and a full kitchen. Please note that we only have seats for about 26 people, so some people may have to sit on the floor or stand for part of the event.
* Games: We've got two big tables and a small collection of board games in house--see the "Info on the event space" link below for titles. You're welcome to bring your own and see if you can get a game going.
* Community policy: The Erewhon Books office seeks to be a safer space for all community members, but in particular has a zero-tolerance policy for oppressive actions or physical or verbal harassment. If anyone does or says anything that makes you uncomfortable, please talk to Liz. We reserve the right to disinvite anyone from this or future events at our discretion.
Please note that we are welcoming you into our private offices. Thanks in advance for respecting our policies and wishes. ♥
Info on the event space: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYskuf6GMaokRj5JBWHYUU-eOIZ7-mPIppw3NivuCGA/
Facebook invite page: https://www.facebook.com/events/435800627240193/