Request edit access
Greening Your Business 2019 (registration closed)
A series of free workshops and site visits offered by the Maryland Department of the Environment and Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP) designed to place your organization on a path of continual improvement of environmental performance. This program will help you to:
1) identify opportunities that will reduce environmental impacts and save money;
2) boost the impact of your green team and increase employee engagement;
3) and raise awareness of your organization's environmental stewardship.
This free program is open to businesses and organizations of all types and sizes.
Workshop 1: Fundamentals of Environmental Management, Continuous Improvement and Sustainability
Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 9 AM – 2 PM, Maryland Dept. of the Environment, Baltimore, MD **
• Assessing your organization's impacts on the environment
• Prioritizing areas for improvement
• Best practices for ensuring continual improvement in environmental management
• Establishing or revitalizing your “Green Team”
• Green Chemistry and Green Cleaning 101
Workshop 2: Establishing and Achieving Environmental Improvement Goals
April 2019 (date to be determined), 9 AM – 1 PM, Maryland Department of the Environment, Baltimore, MD **
• Using results of the site visit to select realistic improvement objectives and targets
• Measuring and monitoring your environmental performance
• Assigning responsibilities for improvement
• Updating and maintaining your Maryland Green Registry Profile (or creating one if you are not already a member).
On-site Technical Support: Individual Site Visits will be scheduled by the MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership between the two workshops and individual consultation is available to assist with workshop assignments.
** The location for the two workshops may be adjusted if there is a location more convenient to the participating businesses.
To indicate your interest in participating in this free program, submit the information below by February 1, 2019 and we will be back in contact with you to confirm your place in the program. The program is limited to eight organizations. For further information, contact Laura Armstrong at MDE (410-537-4119,
) or Paul Gietka at MD MEP (410-916-4061,
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Maryland.gov.