Request edit access
Apply for a grant from the Little Skein Community Yarn Fund
Welcome! If you are a limited or low income maker who lives in the U.S.*, I invite you to apply for a grant from my Community Yarn Fund.
Grant funds are donated by members of the Little Skein community, pooled together, and then I regrant them in the form of a gift card to my shop. You can use this gift card to select anything you might like from my shop. I donate the cost of shipping, which makes donor contributions stretch a bit further and ensures that whatever you select is at no cost to you.
The goal of my Community Yarn Fund is to share my high-quality handmade knitting supplies with limited or low income makers who are part of my community while, at the same time, supporting my work. Members of my community who have a little extra in their yarn budget feel good about sharing, I receive full price for my work, and limited and low income makers who are active parts of my community are welcomed and included.
Here's how it works:
• If you are limited or low income who lives full-time in the U.S., you can apply for a grant.
• If you usually use more basic wools or acrylic-based yarns and have been longing to try a hand-dyed yarn, this program is especially for you.
• Applications are on the honor system. If you apply, I trust that you are limited or low income.
• You can apply for a grant once every six months.
• I ask that you be a member of my community, either by participating in my Ravelry group, following me on Instagram, commenting or being part of online discussions, etc.
Other things you should know:
• Your grant comes from a pool of "pay it forward" funds donated by other members of the Little Skein community.
• Your name and application are completely confidential.
• I make grants around the first of each month.
Thank you for applying and for helping to make our community more connected and inclusive. You may email any questions to me at
(updated June 19, 2020)
*This program is intended to build community, so only knitters who live full-time in the United States are eligible to apply. If you are in Canada, Gauge Dyeworks has a similar program, and if you are in the UK, Old Maiden Aunt has one at
What is your name (first and last, please)?
What type of grant would you like?
Grant to participate in the Build Empathy book club
Mini-grant to shop ($40 to $80)
Maxi-grant to shop ($80-$140)
How do you participate in the Little Skein community? (Ravelry, Instagram, other?)
What happens next?
I'll be in touch with you at the beginning of my next grant cycle (usually around the first of the month). You may email questions to me at
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service