1. Check out our Special Offers!*Multiple Class Discount: Sign up for more than one class and receive 50% off each additional class that session! *Multiple Family Discount: If immediate family signs up for classes, the 2nd family member receives 20% off the session, the 3rd member receives 30% off, etc.
2. Class Benefits:- Skaters in Adult 1-6, Snowplow Sam 1-4, and Basic 1- 6 receive free public sessions over the duration of the session. - Skaters in Pre-Free Skate, Free Skate 1 through Axel class are credited 8 freestyle passes that expire at the end of the session.
3. Investment in our classes includes:- Thirty minute group lesson- Free skate rental on day of class- Unlimited public sessions over duration of classes (Snowplow, Adult and Basic only)- Eight freestyle passes added to skater's account that expire at the end of the session (Pre-Free Skate, Free Skate and Axel Class only)- An official US Figure Skating Basic Skills Membership Card- A record book with stickers to track your progression in the Learn to Skate Program- Receive a keepsake patch upon passing a class- Basic Skills edition of SKATING magazine- The opportunity to participate in local competitions and ice shows!
4. What do I need to do the first day?Please arrive 30 minutes early prior to the start of your class. Staff will assist with rental skates and guide you to your class.
5. Can I make up a missed class?If you miss a class, please contact our staff about scheduling a make up time. There is only one make-up lesson allowed during a session. Make-up cannot be made on evaluation day.
6. Can I get a refund?We have a no refund policy on classes; however, we can hold your credit to be used at a later date or within your family.
7. What do I need to wear?Wear warm, comfortable, layered clothing including gloves and thin socks. Helmets are recommended for new skaters. Wear long pants only (no shorts)
8. The Independence Skating Academy follows the Learn to Skate USA (LTS USA) curriculum, the leading learn to skate program in the United States endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speed Skating, and the Special Olympics. Our mission is to provide a fun, safe, and educational environment for everyone learning to skate. Prior to registering for classes, all participants in our Learn to Skate program must purchase the Learn to Skate USA Membership for Sports Accident Insurance, valid from July 1 – June 30 each year. The annual membership cost is only $16. Those enrolled in multiple programs only need to pay the annual fee one time each year.