Request edit access
Girls Inc. Teen Leadership Board Application
Girls Inc. of Metro Denver is excited to launch the 2019-2020 Teen Leadership Board! Through this leadership opportunity, we are looking for youth to help expand our community engagement, advocate for the rights of girls and women, and shape Girls Inc. programming. As a members of our 2019-20 Teen Leadership Board, you will be:
1. An Advisor – shape Girls Inc. high school and college programming and have the opportunity to attend a Girls Inc. of Metro Denver Board of Directors meeting and learn how the organization works.
2. An Ambassador – strengthen your public speaking skills, attend events to spread the word about Girls Inc., and have the opportunity to network with donors.
3. An Advocate –help plan a Girls Inc. advocacy strategy for changing laws and systems to advance the rights of girls, learn how to give a political testimony, and create change locally and nationally.
As part of your commitment to the 2019-20 Teen Leadership Board you will:
• Attend 2 meetings/month (One Tuesday evening and one Saturday - see calendar link below for details)
• Design and implement a community engagement project your fellow Teen Leadership Board members
• Earn volunteer hours and add these unique experiences to your resume
• Be honored at a Certificate Ceremony with families and staff in May 2020
Any girls, ages 13-20 encouraged to apply (femme-identified and non-binary youth are highly encouraged to submit applications).
Put your leadership skills in action in the Girls Inc. community and beyond--apply today!
Applications deadline has been EXTENDED to September 21st by 5 PM. We will be conducting brief phone interviews for select candidates throughout the week of the 16th and 23rd and will select our board by September 25th.
Please follow and save this link for Teen Leadership Board calendar
College First Year
College Second Year
College Third Year
Phone Number Type
Parent or Guardian''s number
How do you prefer to be contacted?
We encourage you to share information about the Teen Leadership Board with your parents or guardians and we are happy to answer any questions they may have.
Parent/Guardian Phone Number
Parent/Guardian Phone Type
Cell / Mobile
Parent/Guardian Email Address
The Teen Leadership Board meets twice each month; one Tuesday evening and one Saturday morning. Dates and times are as follows:
Saturday Kick off, 10am - 3pm (Sept 28th)
Tuesday Meetings, 4:30pm - 7pm (Oct 15th, Nov 12th, Dec 10th, Jan 14th, Feb 11th, March 17th, April 14th)
Saturday Meetings, 10am - 12:30pm (Oct 26th, Nov 23rd, NO Dec, Jan 25th, Feb 22nd, March 28th, April 25th)
Can you attend Tuesday evening meetings on the above dates from 4:30pm - 7pm?
Do you have any potential conflicts on Tuesday evenings that might keep you from attending meetings? If yes, please explain
Can you attend Saturday morning meetings on the above dates from 10am - 12:30pm?
Do you have any potential conflicts on Saturday mornings that might keep you from attending meetings? If yes, please explain
Please answer the following questions with 1 paragraph or less to help us learn more about you.
Why would you like to be a part of the Teen Leadership Board?
Please describe one idea you have for a program we could have at Girls Inc. to better serve our high school and college youth.
Be creative--your plan does not have to be super detailed, we just want to hear about your visions!
If you could present on one issue to the Colorado State Legislature, what would it be? Why does this issue matter to you?
No need to write an essay--please keep to one paragraph or less.
How do you hope the Teen Leadership Board will help you grow?
Is there any other information you would like for us to consider?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service