Drexel Community Scholar (DCS) for Global Citizenship (this position is specifically for International Students to apply)
The Drexel Community Scholar (DCS) for Global Citizenship works with the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement and the Office of International Programs (OIP) to develop and facilitate meaningful and educational service opportunities for diverse groups of domestic and international students each month. The DCS will report to Adam Zahn in the Office of International Programs and Ryan O’Connor in the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement. The DCS for Global Citizenship will be responsible for the following:
- Create a plan for recruitment with the assistance of Adam Zahn and Ryan O'Connor.
- Identify a monthly service opportunity suitable for diverse groups of ~10 domestic and international students by working with the Lindy Center.
- Select and confirm dates and times for monthly service opportunities by coordinating directly with the service site and/or program leader.
- Recruit a diverse group (~10) of domestic and international Drexel students to serve each month.
- Directly participate in the monthly service opportunity.
- Immediately following the monthly service opportunities, facilitate a post-service reflection.
- Attend and recruit students for at least 3 events per year sponsored by the Office of International Programs.
- Meet with Adam Zahn on a monthly basis.