Request edit access
BPRC Parent Member Application
The Board Policy Review Committee (BPRC) has been established as a Board of Education committee to assist the Board in its thinking about District policies. The scope of the work involves policies in operation, new mandates and policies derived from State of California legislation, and policy needs for Palo Alto Unified School District.
The operations of the committee are informed by:
• The Brown Act in effect in the State of California
• The amended Charge Statement to the BPRC adopted by the Palo Alto Unified School District Board of Education at the regular meeting of October 14, 2014.
• The meeting protocols in effect for all Board of Education meetings in the District to include:
-How to Address the Board of Education
The purpose of the Charge Statement is to clarify the work, the responsibilities, the authority, and the expected results of the PAUSD Board Policy Review Committee (BPRC).
• Board of Education members (2) (2016 members are Ken Dauber and Terry Godfrey)
• Appointment made with the same process used for all standing PAUSD committees
• Two-year term, with one original member having a one-year term to stagger the terms
• Senior Board member will serve as Chair of the BPRC
• Second Board member will serve as vice-chair
• Superintendent or Superintendent’s Designee (1)
• Will serve as staff support to the chair, vice-chair and committee
• Term to be determined by the Superintendent
• Teacher/Certificated Staff Representatives (1)
• PAEA President or substitute
• Term to be determined by the PAEA President
• Administrative Representatives (1)
• Volunteer from PAMA
• Term to be determined by the PAMA President
• Classified Staff Representatives (1)
• CSEA President or designee
• Term to be decided by CSEA President
• Parent Representatives (1)
• Selected by Superintendent, following application process
• Two-year term
• Ad hoc representatives
• As deemed appropriate, the BPRC may seek input from staff, parents, community members, and/or other individuals with expertise on particular policy topics.
The BPRC gathers information and shares perspectives about agendized items as directed by the Board of Education. The work is to assist the Board in its thinking about policies.
The BPRC operates under the auspices and operations of the Board of Education
The BPRC will share information and discussion results at Board of Education meetings with write-ups provided by the Superintendent
BPRC will work within the existing resources assigned to accomplish the work in the charge statement of the Board of Education.
The Superintendent will ensure the policy and regulation updates are disseminated to all interested (administrators, teachers, classified personnel, and the community) parties.
Application forms can be obtained from the Superintendent’s executive assistant, Monica Sanchez Lopez, at
. You can obtain information by phone by calling
Completed applications must be sent to: Dr. Glenn “Max” McGee, Superintendent, Palo Alto Unified School District, 25 Churchill Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, or emailed to:
All applications must be received by Wednesday, September 7, 2016, at 4:30 pm.
Preferred Phone Number
Parent Membership Classification
Choice Program(s): Enter program name below.
Why are you interested in being a member of the BPRC?
What do you believe would be your contribution to the Committee in terms of experience and/or expertise?
With membership comes an expectation for regular attendance. Meetings are currently held up to two mornings a month during the school year from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Due Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 4:30 p.m.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of PAUSD.
Terms of Service