We expect this limited build of early release prototypes to be depleted quickly; sign up below to get an advance notification when they become available, and the option to order one before the general public.
Expected specifications for the Velo Gripper:
* availability: 50 - 100 units
* timeline: expected in Fall 2013
* price: not yet set. Academic pricing expected in the $500 - $1,000 range.
* size: the Velo is designed for parallel grasping of objects between 0 and 135 mm, and for enveloping objects between 50 and 90 mm in diameter.
* force generation: ~10N contact force, able to lift 1Kg objects
* weight: not yet determined; expected at or below 350 g
* interface: not yet determined; expected RS485 serial
The image below shows the Velo Alpha Prototype that the Early Release units will be based on. We expect the fingers to be largely unchanged compared to the Alpha version below, while the actuation module will likely be redesigned into a more compact form.