Request edit access
Final level Test A
NUMERO DE IDENTIFICACIÓN
Administración de empresas
Finanzas y negocios internacionales
Ingeniería de materiales
SECTION I LISTENING
In this section of the test, you will hear conversations and answer some questions about them. For each conversation, first read the situation and the question or questions. Then listen to the conversation. Answer the questions after you hear the conversation. Respond to the questions by choosing the correct answer.
Situation 1: David is talking with Tomomi when Monica comes into the room.
1. _______ are meeting for the first time
David, Monica, and Tomomi
David and Tomomi
Tomomi and Monica
David and Monica
Situation 2: Ken and Nancy are at a restaurant.
2. Ken ________
is having steak tonight
stopped eating steak
eats steak a lot
prefers chicken to steak
Situation 3: Karen calls Jason’s home. Jason’s father answers the telephone.
3. Karen is going to _______
speak with Jason at work
call back in an hour
wait for Jason to call
send a written message
Situation 4: A reporter is giving today’s weather forecast.
4. It will be clear in ________
5. In Seattle, the weather is ________
Situation 5: Bill invites Jennifer to go to dinner and a movie.
6. Jennifer doesn’t accept right away because she can’t ________.
eat a late lunch
leave work early
go to dinner
see the movie
7. They’re going to _______ .
leave work a little early
go to the movie before dinner
see the movie tomorrow
have dinner at 7:00
Situation 6: Linda is asking Jim about his plans for the summer.
8. In the summer, Jim usually _______ .
stays in the mountains
takes trips with his family
visits his parents
goes to the beach
9. This summer he’s planning to ________.
stay at home
go to the beach
fish with his dad
hike in the mountains
Situation 7: Phil is talking with Susie about money.
10. Phil is upset because _______.
Susie can’t lend him any money
his parents won’t give him money
Albert hasn’t returned his money
his friends never lend him money
11. Albert ________.
didn’t borrow $100
isn’t working now
doesn’t need the money
can’t return the money yet
12. Susie doesn’t lend money to friends because _______.
she has just enough for herself
lending money can change a friendship
people won’t lend her money
her friends don’t need it
Situation 8: Natalie and Chuck are talking about their experiences abroad.
13. Chuck went backpacking ________.
after high school
with his father
14. Chuck says he “would have liked to have seen Portugal.” He means that he _______ .
went there, and he liked it
didn’t go there, but he wanted to
went there, but he didn’t like it
didn’t go there, and he didn’t want to
15. While Natalie was in Japan, she ______.
traveled all over the country
lived with a Japanese family
learned Japanese quickly
got very homesick
16. Chuck doesn’t want to _______.
learn a foreign language
stay at home
Situation 9: Diane and Conrad are talking about their careers.
17. Conrad got into advertising because he ______.
studied advertising in college
heard about a job opening
liked to help people
was tired of his old job
18. When he was young, Conrad wanted to _______.
work in advertising
become a doctor
stay in school
go into business
19. Diane’s parents didn’t want her to ______.
start her own business
be too successful
change her career
20. Conrad ________.
owns his own company
enjoys working in advertising
thinks his job is boring
wants to leave his job
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Fundación Universitaria Monserrate - Unimonserrate.
Terms of Service