Application: Neighborhood Strategy Council
Thank you for your interest in joining a District Bridges Neighborhood Strategy Council (NSC)! Our NSCs provide leadership and guidance to our Main Street programs and are vital to rooting our work in the needs of the community.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself using the form below, and the District Bridges' team will reach out.
Role and Responsibilities
In coordination with the Neighborhood Director, the NSC members will work as a team to apply their experience and local understanding of community needs to support the designated Main Street neighborhoods. Specific activities of individual members may vary based on expertise, capacity, and availability. The basic roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare for and attend monthly Neighborhood Strategy Council meetings.
- Represent community priorities and concerns.
- Disseminate information to the broader community.
- Identify and develop Neighborhood Transformation Strategies.
- Lead or support Action Teams for specific events, programs, and priorities.
- Set priorities for annual workplans.
- Approve annual budget workplan allocation
- Recruit volunteers for Main Street activities.
- Support the identification and cultivation of financial and in-kind contributions for priority activities.
- Work with Program Manager to give or get $500/year towards program’s fundraising goal.
Length of Commitment: One year, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms