Thank you for demonstrating an interest in Scholars' Academy. We appreciate the time you are taking to apply to our school.
Please be very careful when completing this online application. Remember to print 2 copies of this application PRIOR TO CLICKING SUBMIT. Once you submit, you will be unable to retrieve your application. Scholars' Academy assumes no responsibility for technical difficulties. The deadline to apply and submit your application is TUESDAY DECEMBER 3, 2013. The online application will no longer be available after this date.
Applicants who do not have computer access may inquire directly with Scholars' Academy.
The application consists of:
1) Online Application - This application MUST be completed in ONE SITTING. Once this application is started, you CAN NOT save, go back or retrieve. Parents and students should be sitting together when completing this application.
2) Print out 2 copies of this application. One for your current guidance counselor/school and one for your records. You must print BEFORE HITTING THE SUBMIT BUTTON. To print you can right click on your mouse or control P. Mac users hit command P.
3) Prepare a self addressed and STAMPED business size (#10) envelope. You will submit this envelope to your current guidance counselor. This envelope will be used to mail you your notification letter.
4) Be sure to obtain/request a dated receipt from your child's counselor.
5) You will be notified by March via mail if your child will be granted an interview in the spring.
Due to the shift in NYS Scale Scores during the most recent year’s Common Core State Standards-Based Exams, Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data:
1. Standardized Test Scores for the previous 2 years
2. Most recent report card grades
4. Discipline History
5. Teacher Recommendation
6. Academic and Emotional Resilience: Evidence of Students Overcoming Obstacles Documented by IEP’s and/or 504 Status
Due to the large number of applicants to Scholars' Academy, all applicants ARE NOT GUARANTEED AN INTERVIEW. Applicants and interviews are selected on a competitive basis.
****Students applying from private/parochial schools
As many private schools do not have a counselor, parents may submit their child's application documents directly to Scholars' Academy. They must include most recent report card, ALL standardized test score reports for previous 2 years ex: NYS ELA & Math, TerraNova's, Otis Lennon etc., teacher recommendation form (can be downloaded from website) and a self addressed stamped envelope. ALL application documents must be submitted to Scholars' Academy by 2:00 pm on Thursday December 19, 2013