On June 29–30, we are hosting a leadership training to level up Sunrisers in the area with the skills needed to organize others for the change we need. Do you want to grow your facilitation and public narrative skills? Learn how to raise up new leaders and set goals for your team? If so, register for the Sunrise LA Leadership Training!
We believe it’s important that the people we invest leadership training in reflect the movement we want to build—a young, multiracial movement that includes people of many different backgrounds. We especially encourage you to register if you are a person of color or hold other marginalized identities.
>>> WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS TRAINING <<<
1. Bond with other Sunrisers in the SoCal area2. Learn hard skills to run Sunrise campaigns to win a Green New Deal locally and nationally3. Gain a deeper understanding of the strategy and theory behind the Green New Deal campaign and Sunrise's approach to hub-building and escalation
>>> TRAINING CRITERIA <<<
1. Graduated from Sunrise 101 or attended an in-person orientation training. (If you haven't completed an orientation, but are still are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)2. Committed to holding a role in an active Sunrise hub
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Apply ASAP! Spots are limited.
>>> LOGISTICS <<<
- DO I HAVE TO COME TO BOTH DAYS?: You are highly encouraged to attend both days of the training if you're able, as the training curriculum builds on itself and you will have more opportunities to learn, grow and bond with other attendees. However, if you aren't able to commit to both days, you are still invited to attend (as long as you commit to attending as much of the training as you are able).
- LOCATION: Downtown Los Angeles
ACCESSIBILITY: Building is wheelchair accessible.
- HOUSING: If you are coming from out of town and need someplace to stay, we will help match you to Sunrise LA hosts! You are also welcome to reach out to friends/family of your own and commute from there.
- DATES: Saturday, June 29 – Sunday, June 28
- TIMES: Saturday, 9am–8pm; Sunday, 9am–6pm
- FOOD: We will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday, as well as snacks, coffee and tea throughout the weekend!
- COST: We do not want cost to be a barrier to anyone—so ultimately, we just ask people to pay what they can. If you are interested in making a donation to Sunrise Movement Los Angeles you can make on here: www.bit.ly/donateSunriseLA
>>> CONTACT INFO <<<For any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com