To apply for this summer workshop, you must:
1) Be a faculty/instructor/teacher lecturing at community college or private two or four year college in West Texas, Eastern New Mexico, or Western Oklahoma.
2) Have a related IT, law, or business degree, diploma, or certifications.
3) Minorities including Hispanic and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
1) A completed application form
2) A full CV/Resume
3) An endorsement letter written and signed by the applicant's home department chair
4) Additionally, you may submit up to 3 additional pages as a statement of purpose describing the reasons of attending this summer workshop and the goals.
The application and all other materials should be received by April 15, 2014
The final participants will receive up to $2,000 in the form of reimbursement to cover their transportation, accommodation, and meal for their participation in the workshop.
The Selection Process:
Your application will be processed and reviewed by the project Investigators who are faculty members from Texas Tech University and Angelo State University. A voting mechanism will be employed to select the final candidates. The selection criteria rely on the motivation of the applicant as well as the endorsement letter written by the applicant's Department Chair. The project evaluator will be informed about the selected applicants. The project evaluator further uses the information anonymously for general reporting purposes to the National Science Foundation. The general information will include the demographics information anonymously. The project investigators strive to maintain the confidentiality of the applicants.
Both Texas Tech University and Angelo State University are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.