Request edit access
Workplace Health Without Borders - Aug. 16, 2018 Meeting
You are invited to join our Workplace Health without Borders-US (WHWB-US) Washington DC meeting on August 16 from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the 4th floor conference room (Room 401) at The Milken Institute School of Public Health, 950 New Hampshire Ave NW. You do not need to be affiliated with GWU to attend our session and please bring your friends when you come (and please make sure to bring a photo ID to check in at the security desk).
WHWB-US is an organization of occupational health and industrial hygiene professionals seeking to encourage focus on improving workplaces in developing countries as well as in migrant workplaces in the U.S. I am currently WHWB-US’s Vice President as well as being a member of the EOH faculty at GWU. We are actively seeking student participation in order to facilitate their work or placement overseas. And we hope to be seen as a place for senior investigators to find younger professionals who want to get involved with international industrial research or policy.
The tentative agenda for August 16 is:
1) Upcoming International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA) meeting September 23-26, 2018 in Washington DC where there will be volunteer opportunities (see
2) Expand the membership by encouraging veterans, especially those with overseas deployment experience, who desire to deepen their connections with international occupational health work
3) Preview of some of the topics and issues to be discussed at the IOHA meeting.
4) Discussion of new WHWB-US concern about possible tuberculosis outbreaks in Africa linked with workers suffering from silicosis and among healthcare workers who treat TB patients.
5) Discussion of Fulbright program opportunities as another means to take your interests overseas.
We welcome all who are interested to join us next Thursday evening. Snacks will be provided, but you must RSVP to attend.
Date: Thursday, August 8th, 2018
Time: 5:00-6:30 pm
Location: 4th Floor Conference Room (950 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20052)
All are welcome to attend.
Do you plan to attend
What is your affiliation?
Other - please specify _____
If you selected other, what is your affiliation?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The George Washington University.