1. Amateur acts only. (No professionals/working performers: “professional” meaning no recording contracts or signing with a record label)
2. “Amateur status” is deemed so by My1043 and judges’ discretion.
3. Group acts limited to five members.
4. Acts must be no longer than 4 minutes (with 2 minutes set-up)
5. Acts must provide recorded music of good quality (if needed). CD’s mandatory if music is used in act.
6. At least one video submission will move to the July 23rd contest at the Isabella County Fairgrounds. All other contestants will be considered a ‘wild card’ option and will be notified no later than July 16th if they have been chosen as the wild card.
7. Contestants who submit video auditions may audition at any live audition as well (Complete list at My1043.net).
8. Acts will be voted on by the audience and by a panel of judges with 2, $500.00 prizes each awarded by said entities on July 23rd, 2014.
9. The decisions of the judges and tallied votes by the audience will be final. ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION will be released to anyone except concert directors. (Score sheets will not be shared with contestants or audience members)
10. Winners shall remain off stage until finale where they will be asked up on stage
11. No gifts should be given to any contestants until the contest is over and contestants have left stage.
12. Latitude Media LLC, University Events, Isabella County Fair Board, volunteers or sponsors are not responsible for lost articles. Contestants shall claim music, props, costumes, etc at stage area when the contest is over.
13. Contestants may compete only once unless there is a tie in audience votes.
14. The show starts at 7:00 PM Wednesday night, July 23rd 2014 at the Isabella County Fairgrounds Grandstand. Contestants should check in to the My 1043 table by 6:30P.M. (Performance will be held at CMU’s Plachta Auditorium if rained out)
15. Music is to be turned into a University Events representative at the sound booth near the stage prior to the show.
16. A panel of My 1043 judges at auditions will decide who moves on to Top 10 contestants at showdown.
17. The show is limited to those who had auditioned, pre-qualified, and were chosen as contestants prior to July 23rd, 2014 contest. They also must not have won Hometown Showdown competition within the past 2 years.
19. ONLY ONE VIDEO SUBMISSION IS PERMITTED PER PERSON/GROUP. Persons/groups submitting multiple video submissions will no longer be considered.
18. My 1043 and Latitude Media LLC retains the right to change any rules at any time in conjunction with all contests.