CONFERENCE THEME: EVOLUTION: FROM HURTING TO HEALING
October 31-November 2, 2014
Marriott Liberty/Newark Airport, Newark, New Jersey
The effects of sexual abuse for boys and men are painful, confusing and complex. These same words frequently describe the healing process as well. An important addition to the healing process is hope. MaleSurvivor’s 14th International Conference seeks workshop proposals that relate to the evolutionary journey from hurting to healing.
We encourage survivors, mental health professionals, researchers, academicians and others to submit their work on the following topics:
* International and national work with refugees, the trafficked, prisoners of war, and victims services
* Sexual abuse within institutions- educational, religious, athletic, military, child welfare, * health care, criminal justice organizations, family structures and dynamics of abuse.
* Psychotherapeutic and expressive arts approaches to healing
* Personal journeys of healing
* Substance abuse and self-medication
* Fatherhood as a healing experience, a challenge, and an opportunity for growth
* Partners of survivors: creative inclusion & support of partners
PROPOSALS ARE DUE BY MARCH 3, 2014
We encourage use of handouts, videos, powerpoint, and experiential activities.