Applications for school choice transfers must be submitted to the school of choice. Applications submitted to schools with waiting lists will be added to the bottom of the list in the order in which received. Students living in the school attendance area have first priority and do not need to complete an application. You may apply to more than one school. A separate application must be completed for each school.
1. Complete all the information on the application. All applications are due to the school of choice before 4:00 PM on February 28, 2018, in order to be considered for openings. Late applications will be placed on the school's waiting list.
2. One application must be completed for each school. If you wish to request a transfer for more than one child, you must fill out a NEW application for each child. A priority is for siblings to attend the same school if a parent chooses that option.
3. If you are selected for the school of your choice, you will be notified. You will have only one week from that time to confirm your acceptance. Parents not confirming an acceptance within the time period will have their child's application moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
4. You will be notified of the status of your school of choice application. A lottery drawing will be held if the number of applications exceeds available openings.
5. Once a parent accepts placement in a school of choice, the spot vacated at the neighborhood school will be given to another student. It is expected that students will complete a full year at the school of choice subject to available space. Students may attend the school of choice for the duration of their elementary school years. Applications will not need to be filled out again once the student has been accepted.
6. If a transfer from the school of choice is requested during the school year, this request must be put in writing and submitted to the principal. The request must include a reason for the transfer.
7. If you are not selected for the school of your choice, you will be placed on a waiting list for possible enrollment at a future date. If not selected by the next school-of-choice enrollment period, you must reapply to your school of choice.
8. Waiting lists at all schools of choice (except the two elementary fundamental schools) expire at the end of the second trimester. A new waiting list will then be established.
9. The following schools are NOT available to choice students: Hollow Hills Fundamental and Vista Fundamental.
Grade: Please indicate the grade level the student will be in during the year this transfer is being requested.
Home Elementary School: The elementary school designated as your neighborhood elementary school of residence. (If uncertain, please check at your school office.)
School of Choice: The elementary school you wish your child to attend.