Explore practical, grade level specific training to support implementation of the Montana Common Core Standards for ELA and Literacy, while also learning integration strategies for Indian Ed for All (IEFA). Workshop takes place over two days.
• Learn the structure and strands of MCCS for ELA/Literacy
• Develop strategies to exercise the MCCS skills in the classroom
• Explore model units and how they uniquely support all MCCS ELA/Literacy standards
• Conduct a close reading of standards, practicing five to six classroom protocols for reading complex text
• Learn strategies to employ context to achieve IEFA integration
• Practice at least three new instructional strategies to fulfill the MCCS for ELA/Literacy – tomorrow!