Please note that part of the application package is via this form. There are additional documents that must be remitted to the Scholarship Committee. However, this form is considered the official application and must be received no later than the deadline as stated above. NO PRIOR YEAR APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The additional documents (recommendation letters, transcripts, acceptance letters, photo, etc.) may be remitted via email or in hard-copy. If delivering via email, do not send documents containing personally-identifiable information (PII) such as social security numbers. If this information is on the document, please redact it with a marker or other instrument so that it cannot be viewed. Remember, email is not a secure means of conveyance! If delivering hard-copy (paper) documents, please place in a sealed envelope and either hand-deliver to the church or mail to Fort Foote Baptist Church, ATTN: FFBC Scholarship Committee, 8310 Fort Foote Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744. If hand-delivered, please place the envelope in the Scholarship Committee mail slot in the Administrative suite (upstairs, first door on left, first door on the left in the suite area).
1. All eligible applicants must meet all of the following criteria: A. Must be a youth or young adult high school graduate, age 23 years or younger. B. Must be within five years of high school graduation date or receipt of GED diploma. C. Must be accepted to or attending a college or university.
2. Applicant must be a member in good standing of Fort Foote Baptist Church for at least one year and be actively engaged in a ministry, Sunday school, worship, or other church activities. If applicant is not a member, he/she may be represented by a parent, legal guardian, or grandparent who is a member in good standing at Fort Foote Baptist Church for at least one year and is actively engaged in a ministry, Sunday school, worship, or other church activities.
3. An applicant is only eligible for 4 scholarship awards, one per calendar year.
4. A first-time applicant must provide a photo, at least one letter of recommendation, and letter of acceptance to the college or university for application year.
5. FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES: all applicants must provide a transcript. Transcript must contain the student's name and current GPA. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to receive the scholarship. The transcript must be a final official transcript in a sealed envelope. The transcript must be received prior to disbursement of the scholarship award.
6. FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS: all applicants must provide a transcript. Transcript must contain the student's name and current GPA. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to receive the scholarship. The transcript must be for the SPRING semester/quarter. If printed from the college/university online system, it must be remitted in PDF form and include all semesters/quarters. The transcript must be received prior to disbursement of the scholarship award.
7. All notifications will be sent via email. Award notifications will be sent upon verification of eligibility and receipt of all required documentation. Notifications will also be sent to those who are ineligible for the scholarship.
8. All first-time awardees will be required to provide his/her Student ID number to the Scholarship Committee prior to disbursement of the award check. First-time awardees will be directed by an officer of the Scholarship Committee - chair, vice-chair, or secretary. This information may also be provided to the church treasurer directly. Applicants will present additional information by request prior to the disbursement of the award.
9. Award recipients are expected to provide accurate college/university information. To prevent award checks from going to the wrong institution, please ensure that this information is up-to-date for the award year. Checks sent to the wrong institution will be the responsibility of the student to recover!! The church does not have the authority to recoup misdirected funds.
10. PLEASE RETAIN/PRINT A COPY OF THIS APPLICATION FOR YOUR RECORDS PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.
Alston scholars are expected to continue to participate in Scholarship activities and events. We encourage all Alston scholars to stay in touch, come to the banquets, and actively support the youth of the church. Please add our email, FFBCScholarshipCommittee@fortfootebc.org to your safe senders list as we will send periodic emails to scholars as blind-copies. We do want you to receive the messages!