The Mid-Atlantic Regional Office encourages all members to attend the Amnesty Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference in Washington, D.C. Amnesty International USA has set aside very limited funds to help bring people to the RC in such ways as to help cover shared transportation, lodging, matching funds for locally raised funds, etc. Not everyone can receive support, unfortunately, but if you are interested in securing additional funding, please submit this form by Friday, October 18th for priority consideration. Applications received after that date will be considered if there are funds remaining.
Due to funding limitations, priority will be given based on the following criteria:
• Part of an Amnesty International Group
• A current, card-carrying Amnesty International member
• Able to attend the entire RC without exception (Saturday, November 2nd 9am -Sunday, November 3rd 12pm)
• Willing to volunteer during the AGM if needed
• Registered for the RC (Registration may take place following notification of award but must happen within 5 days of award notification)
Subsidies will be prioritized based on the following:
• Financial need
• First-time conference attendees
• Those actively organizing a group to attend and those active within their Amnesty groups
• Applications representing large groups (one application for every four people)
Demonstrated efforts to fundraise and secure funds from additional sources are strongly encouraged. If you need ideas on how to fundraise or where to seek additional funds (school, etc) please contact your Field Organizer.
For questions, email email@example.com or call (202) 544-0200.