Request edit access
Volunteers Needed for Recycling at Muses
Grounds Krewe, organizers of last year’s first ever “on the route” throw and disposable waste recycling program, are partnering with Entergy, Urban Conservancy, Republic Services, and ArcGNO and need 14-18 volunteers to recycle at Mardi Gras this year.
Volunteers are needed to collect 2 types of highly visible recycling bags from the public and street to load into ArcGNO and Republic Services trucks. The initiative will happen between parade start and Jackson Avenue and right after the last float of the Muses parade, but before the city cleanup effort.
Thursday, February 28th, 2019
6:00 - 9:00 pm
- Walk approximately 2.75 miles collecting recycling bags.
- Moderate lifting of bags that weigh from 1 - 20 pounds to someone in a truck bed.
- Count/tally bags distributed and collected.
What to bring:
- Rain gear
- Comfortable shoes
Where to meet:
Meet at the intersection of Jefferson and Tchoupitoulas at 6:00pm. Vehicles will return volunteers to the meeting point after the parade exits at Jackson Ave.
ArcGNO Recyclable Throw Items:
- Beads, toys, stuffed animals & unused cups. Public can also hand in these items in their own bags.
ArcGNO Non-Recyclable Throw Items:
- Broken, dirty or contaminated throws.
Recyclable Disposable Waste Items
- Aluminum cans, plastic drink bottles, plastic cups with recycling symbol on the bottom.
Non-Recyclable Disposable Waste Items
- Glass, paper, cardboard, food, trash, plastic bags, styrofoam, contaminated items.
I certify that I am over 18 years old.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Urban Conservancy.