Play.Able is a pilot project to make play accessible to children with disabilities/special needs on a membership basis. It is managed by Be Kind SG, Friends of ASD Families and supported by The Majurity Trust SG Strong Fund with the following aims:
a. Create a safe space for children with special needs to play in and parents to meet other families;
b. Support special needs families especially those new on the caregiving journey by making a range of educational toys and learning materials accessible;
c. Create volunteering and employment opportunities for special needs families and those from the larger community who are interested to contribute to the special needs community.
𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧/𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧/𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐎𝐄 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 (𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝟐 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝). Those who 𝐩𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨𝐲𝐬. The feasibility and sustainability of this project largely relies on responsible usage by members.
Please accept the following terms and conditions if you wish to become a member.
1. Please supervise your children in Play.Able at all times. All play of borrowed items should also be closely supervised at home especially if it involves small parts. Play.Able will not be responsible for any injury or dispute due to negligence of parental supervision.
2. Please do not come into Play.Able if you or your child is not feeling well.
3. Food and drinks are not allowed in Play.Able
4. Parents will practise due diligence to maintain the toys in good condition.
5. Parents will adhere to rules for borrowing and pay fines for overdue, missing, and broken toys/items.
6. Membership is not transferable.
*Members can borrow 4 items (toys or interactive books/folder tasks or resource books. There is a cap of a maximum of 3 toys to be borrowed at any point of time) for 3 weeks. All items have to be returned before another loan is made.
You will receive an email on further information about Play.Able and how to make payment after signing up.
Like this page to receive updates - https://www.facebook.com/Play.AbleSG
Glass House Level 1 @Rainbow Centre, 501 Margaret Drive, Singapore 149306