In addition to monetary scholarships, EdSTEMs provides support to help you be successful in your classes and field of study, including faculty mentoring and advising, study rooms, cohort classes, mathematics enrichment, and field trips to universities and industry.
To be eligible you must:
• Be eligible for Financial Aid (have financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid),
• Be enrolled full-time at Edmonds Community College,
• Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher,
• Be a US citizen or permanent resident,
• Be earning an Associate’s degree and/or transferring to a university in one of the STEM fields
• Have at least 3 full-time quarters of coursework remaining at EdCC.
The application process requires:
□ Academic Plan for the 2014-15 Academic Year (meet with an advisor if needed)
□ Transcripts (unofficial are okay; can be sent electronically or delivered in hard-copy)
□ FAFSA (submitted separately to Financial Aid Office)
□ Online application (this) which includes three short essay questions.
First consideration will be given to completed applications received by September 1, 2014. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through Monday, September 29, 2014. Applications must include all the components listed above to be considered complete. However, please note that your financial aid file must have been completed by their deadlines (see www.edcc.edu/finaid) in order to be eligible.
Please note that once you proceed to the next page, you must complete the entire application in one sitting, as there is currently no way to save your work.