Duties of O-Team:
- Serve as the primary ambassador to new students (first-year or transfer students) and families during Orientation Week.
- Assist first-year students with the transition from high school and home to college, and assist parents & families feel included in the transition process.
- Assist new transfer students in the transition from a previous institution to Occidental.
- Assist new transfer students in the adaptation of Oxy's environment.
- Plan and implement Fall Orientation, including preparing materials for your O-Group and working cooperatively with the team.
- Help motivate O-Team to keep balance, keep humor, and stay focused on the goal of a great Orientation for new students and families.
- Facilitate all aspects of the Orientation program from beginning to end.
- Directly advise O-Group members during Orientation.
- Be present and engaged everyday during Orientation Training and O-Week.
- Assist with the evaluation of O-Team training and O-Week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to relate well to students, families, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Understand, welcome and support the mission of the New Student Orientation Program and Occidental College.
- Hard working, reliable, effective communicator, approachable and flexible.
- Has no standing judicial case with the college.
- MUST attend all training and orientation sessions, including a spring welcome training (Tuesday, April 21, 8 - 10 pm & Saturday, August 15 - Friday, August 21; Orientation will take place from Friday, August 21 - Wednesday, August 26).
- In good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Due to training conflicts, students can often not serve as both an O-Team leader and in other Student Affairs leadership positions, such as RA or departmental PA. Please check with those individual departments to confirm.